Never had a pair of orthotics before?
If you’ve never previously had a pair of orthotics – or seen a podiatrist before – orthotics are prescription medical devices that help improve the function of your feet and legs. They help you walk with improved comfort, reduced pain, greater stability and better energy efficiency – meaning less muscle fatigue and overuse.
During your first appointment, we’ll get to know your history, the problems or pains you’re experiencing, your goals, and whether orthotics are right for you. From there, if you are likely to benefit from orthotic therapy, we’ll complete your orthotic assessment and 3D scans, after which you’ll be eligible for low gap* assessments for subsequent pairs.
Which other podiatry services can you use your private health fund rebate for?
If you don’t need orthotics, you can still make the most of your health fund rebates for a number of our other services listed below.
- Structural deformities, including bunions, hammertoes, painful flat foot and high arch deformity,
- and bone spurs
- Heel and arch pain
- Nerve entrapments
- Degeneration and arthritic changes in the joints of the foot and ankle
- Skin and nail conditions, like ingrown toenails, corns, warts, cracked heels and calluses
- Congenital (birth) deformities
- Trauma-related injuries, including fractures, dislocations, muscle strains and tears
- Moon boots and splints
Your level of cover is dependent on your particular private health insurance policy, so to be certain of your exact rebate amount, give your insurer a call.
Don’t forget about your physiotherapy benefits!
If you’re covered for extras that include podiatry, you may also be covered for a rebate for physiotherapy services which may also expire soon. See your local Allsports Physiotherapy clinic for Australia’s leading physio care.
- Your podiatry benefits do not roll over at the end of your one-year period, whether that be following the calendar year or the financial year. If you don’t use it before it expires, you will lose it.
- Prevention is better than a cure – preventative podiatry means knowing your risks and managing them before they manifest into pain, as well as addressing any niggles and aches before they worsen
- Annual foot checks are recommended to help nip any problems in the bud – so make sure your family gets in for their annual foot checks, especially if you already have podiatry cover from your private health insurer
Terms & Conditions
Applies to all custom-made foot orthotics, including 3D printed option. *LOW GAP offers on appointments, assessments and orthotics are subject to patient’s health fund policy, annual limits, policy rules, the patient having the appropriate level of extras cover and health fund rebate processing through HICAPS at the time of the appointment. As such, minimum accepted health fund rebates may apply to all LOW GAP items – ask your clinic for further details. When speaking with your health insurer, ask about item 221 to find out more.